Bulk add SQL inputs and bulk deletion

Bulk add SQL inputs and bulk deletion

JesBas

Hi..
Will it be possible to add inputs from e.g. a .CSV file ?
The same goes for deleting inputs. It would be really nice to be able to mark multiple inputs for deletion.
The way it works now it's way to timeconsuming to add/delete 10, 20, 30 inputs

Best regards
Jesper Bassoe
Tamas Lengyel

JesBas - 1/11/2018
Hi..
The same goes for deleting inputs. It would be really nice to be able to mark multiple inputs for deletion.

Best regards
Jesper Bassoe

Hi Jesper,

No, sorry, currently it is not possible to do bulk add/delete of inputs in LOGbinder for SQL Server.

In LOGbinder for SharePoint, you can select multiple inputs with Ctrl and/or Shift to modify their properties at once, but in LOGbinder for SQL Server there is no such feature at the moment. It is a great idea, though, just like adding inputs from a CSV file.

Thank you for your excellent suggestions, we will definitely consider adding these features in a future release.

Tamas

JesBas

Tamas Lengyel - 1/12/2018
JesBas - 1/11/2018
Hi..

Best regards
Jesper Bassoe

Hi Jesper,

No, sorry, currently it is not possible to do bulk add/delete of inputs in LOGbinder for SQL Server.

In LOGbinder for SharePoint, you can select multiple inputs with Ctrl and/or Shift to modify their properties at once, but in LOGbinder for SQL Server there is no such feature at the moment. It is a great idea, though, just like adding inputs from a CSV file.

Thank you for your excellent suggestions, we will definitely consider adding these features in a future release.

Tamas

That would be great..Better sooner than later.
Right now I have ~300 SQL instances, which I have to add manually, one by one :-( 
Tamas Lengyel

JesBas - 1/15/2018
JesBas - 1/11/2018
Hi..

Best regards
Jesper Bassoe

Hi Jesper,

Tamas

Right now I have ~300 SQL instances, which I have to add manually, one by one :-( 

Hi Jesper,

We have implemented adding inputs in bulk. The inputs are read from a CSV file with two columns: folder, SQL Server. The first line is the header. Here is an example:

folder,sql_server
C:\Auditing\Audit Logs,MYSERVER1\SQLSERVER1
\\MYSERVER3\SQL Audit Logs,MYSERVER2\SQLSERVER2

I'll send you the link to the installation files in a private message. We are looking forward to your feedback on it. Afterwards, we will also make it available to other users.

Tamas

JesBas

Tamas Lengyel - 1/22/2018
JesBas - 1/15/2018
JesBas - 1/11/2018
Hi..

Best regards
Jesper Bassoe

Hi Jesper,

Tamas

Hi Jesper,

We have implemented adding inputs in bulk. The inputs are read from a CSV file with two columns: folder, SQL Server. The first line is the header. Here is an example:

folder,sql_server

I'll send you the link to the installation files in a private message. We are looking forward to your feedback on it. Afterwards, we will also make it available to other users.

Tamas

Worked fantastic !
Added 79 SQL instances in less than 3 minutes..
Big thumbs up !
If you can add some error-checking to see if the folder is already in the list, it would be great. Right now it will add a folder regardless the folder is already in the list. Just to avoid duplicate entries. 
Are you also looking at bulk delete (Marking multiple SQL instances for deletion) ?
Tamas Lengyel

JesBas - 1/23/2018
JesBas - 1/15/2018
JesBas - 1/11/2018
Hi..

Best regards
Jesper Bassoe

Hi Jesper,

Tamas

Hi Jesper,

folder,sql_server

Tamas

Worked fantastic !
Big thumbs up !
If you can add some error-checking to see if the folder is already in the list, it would be great. Right now it will add a folder regardless the folder is already in the list. Just to avoid duplicate entries. 
Are you also looking at bulk delete (Marking multiple SQL instances for deletion) ?

That is good to hear!

Filtering out duplicates is definitely something we will have to do. Also, bulk delete is on our list. Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

Tamas Lengyel

Tamas Lengyel - 1/23/2018
JesBas - 1/23/2018
JesBas - 1/15/2018
JesBas - 1/11/2018
Hi..

Best regards
Jesper Bassoe

Hi Jesper,

Tamas

Hi Jesper,

folder,sql_server

Tamas

Worked fantastic !
Big thumbs up !

That is good to hear!

Filtering out duplicates is definitely something we will have to do. Also, bulk delete is on our list. Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

Just a quick update for the benefit of anyone reading this thread: filtering out duplicates and bulk delete has been implemented and will be included in a release in the near future.

GO