Logon Noise:4624

Logon Noise:4624

b

Upon setting up WEC with Group Policy, I find that now I am receiving numerous logon events from all nodes in the OU where the group policy is set up in.  Even if only monitoring one node within a OU consisting of hundreds of nodes, they are all checking in to determine the location of the collector and logging Event ID 4624 on the local security logs. How do we keep the nodes not being monitored from checking in with the collector and creating a logon event every time.  I have the setting set as refresh=60.
bjvista

bobbychan - 11/16/2017
Upon setting up WEC with Group Policy, I find that now I am receiving numerous logon events from all nodes in the OU where the group policy is set up in.  Even if only monitoring one node within a OU consisting of hundreds of nodes, they are all checking in to determine the location of the collector and logging Event ID 4624 on the local security logs. How do we keep the nodes not being monitored from checking in with the collector and creating a logon event every time.  I have the setting set as refresh=60.

I think the best way for you to do this would be to apply your GP to groups of systems you want to monitor.  If you are pushing the "Target Subscription Manager" policy to all systems via GP then all systems will continue to check in with that Target Subscription Manager to see if there are any subscriptions that apply to them.  
GO