No Data Showing in LOGBinder for Splunk

No Data Showing in LOGBinder for Splunk

m

Hi there, I have setup Splunk Free and LOGbinder for Splunk. However no data is showing in the dashboard. The connectors are showing as green, if that helps. I am quite new to all this so I might need a bit more hand holding than usual haha.

i

mark b - 6/23/2017
Hi there, I have setup Splunk Free and LOGbinder for Splunk. However no data is showing in the dashboard. The connectors are showing as green, if that helps. I am quite new to all this so I might need a bit more hand holding than usual haha.

Are you trying to use it with Supercharger Free?

Is Supercharger Free installed on the same box where Splunk was installed?

In the search app in Splunk does this search return any events?

index=* source="WinEventLog:Supercharger-Destination-ADChanges/Log"

m

imrago - 6/23/2017
mark b - 6/23/2017

Hi imrago,
Yes, I have installed Supercharger free. The search in Splunk brings back No results found. "Try expanding the time range."
Regards,
Mark

i

mark b - 6/23/2017
imrago - 6/23/2017
mark b - 6/23/2017

Hi imrago,
Yes, I have installed Supercharger free. The search in Splunk brings back No results found. "Try expanding the time range."
Regards,
Mark

So nothing was indexed. Please check if there is data in Supercharger-Destination-ADChanges/Log
m

imrago - 6/23/2017
mark b - 6/23/2017
imrago - 6/23/2017
mark b - 6/23/2017

Hi imrago,
Regards,
Mark

So nothing was indexed. Please check if there is data in Supercharger-Destination-ADChanges/Log

Hi imrago
I created c:\logs for that to be saved but there is nothing in it. It shows as last modified on the day I set up the server. 

i

mark b - 6/23/2017
imrago - 6/23/2017
mark b - 6/23/2017
imrago - 6/23/2017
mark b - 6/23/2017

Hi imrago,
Regards,
Mark

Hi imrago
I created c:\logs for that to be saved but there is nothing in it. It shows as last modified on the day I set up the server. 

Please try to generate few AD events. If there are no new events then the issue might be with Supercharger.
m

imrago - 6/23/2017
mark b - 6/23/2017
imrago - 6/23/2017
mark b - 6/23/2017
imrago - 6/23/2017
mark b - 6/23/2017

Hi imrago,
Regards,
Mark

Hi imrago

Please try to generate few AD events. If there are no new events then the issue might be with Supercharger.

Hi, I tried creating a few events for testing. The Active Directory monitor that is built into Splunk can find them with no issues.

i

mark b - 6/23/2017
imrago - 6/23/2017
mark b - 6/23/2017
imrago - 6/23/2017
mark b - 6/23/2017
imrago - 6/23/2017
mark b - 6/23/2017

Hi imrago,
Regards,
Mark

Hi imrago

Hi, I tried creating a few events for testing. The Active Directory monitor that is built into Splunk can find them with no issues.

Understood, that is from a different input in Splunk. Next step would be to find out why is Supercharger not creating logs.
bjvista

In event viewer under the Applications and Services logs, is there anything in the Supercharger-Destination-ADChanges/Log?  Have you set the collector as the target subscription manager in AD?
m

bjvista - 6/23/2017
In event viewer under the Applications and Services logs, is there anything in the Supercharger-Destination-ADChanges/Log?  Have you set the collector as the target subscription manager in AD?

There is nothing in the log. I have set the target subscription manager via group policy

GO