Supercharger Improvements

Supercharger Improvements

Tom Stage

Hi All,

After using Supercharger in our production environment for 6 - 8 month now we have come up with some suggestions for Supercharger Improvements.
  • Fix that the Add Allowed Forwarder box jumps to the top of the page
  • Enable multi select on Add Allowed Forwarder
  • Refresh on a collector goes to the top of the page
  • Number of Subscriptions that uses a Managed Filter
  • Be able to group WEC Servers
We have around 40 WEC servers configured for as many domains, and more on the way.

Cheers,
Tom

Cheers,
Tom
Tamas Lengyel

exts@jndata.dk - 5/1/2019
Hi All,
We have around 40 WEC servers configured for as many domains, and more on the way.

Cheers,
Tom

Thank you, we will look into these issues and suggestions.

Tamas Lengyel

exts@jndata.dk - 5/1/2019
Hi All,

Cheers,
Tom

Tom,

We would like to ask you about your last point "Be able to group WEC Servers". What do you mean by that? What do you envision? Do you have many collectors under each domain, so you would like to collapse the domain?

Please let us know.

Thanks,
Tamas

Tom Stage

Hi Tamas,

Sorry for the late reply, I did not see the notification.

In our organization we have multiple "customers" and they have multiple domains, but since their domains dont have the "customer" name in them, we have to scroll up and down to find the domains for a particular "customer", so by being able to group the domains by "customer" would ease the process of adding, editing and maintaining the domains / WEC servers.

Cheers,
Tom

Cheers,
Tom
Tom Stage

Hi Tamas,
It would also be a good idea to get the RAM percentage used as well for each WEC Server since this could be an indicator that the server either needs more RAM or needs attention.

Cheers,
Tom
Tamas Lengyel

exts@jndata.dk - 7/2/2019
Hi Tamas,
It would also be a good idea to get the RAM percentage used as well for each WEC Server since this could be an indicator that the server either needs more RAM or needs attention.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the clarification on the grouping WEC servers. I am not sure if there is an easy/natural way of grouping domains, other than listing them in an alphabetical order. What I could imaging is to make the domains collapsible, so the collectors don't show under the domain, only a single line for each domain. What do you think?

Displaying memory usage is an great idea. The problem is, which memory value to display? Physical memory? Virtual memory? What happens on a VM if the memory is almost full, but then suddenly more memory is allocated to that VM? Or should we display the memory used by WEC? Or the memory used by WEC in relation to some other memory value? etc. etc. Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Tamas

Tom Stage

Tamas Lengyel - 7/5/2019
exts@jndata.dk - 7/2/2019
Hi Tamas,

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the clarification on the grouping WEC servers. I am not sure if there is an easy/natural way of grouping domains, other than listing them in an alphabetical order. What I could imaging is to make the domains collapsible, so the collectors don't show under the domain, only a single line for each domain. What do you think?

Displaying memory usage is an great idea. The problem is, which memory value to display? Physical memory? Virtual memory? What happens on a VM if the memory is almost full, but then suddenly more memory is allocated to that VM? Or should we display the memory used by WEC? Or the memory used by WEC in relation to some other memory value? etc. etc. Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Tamas

Hi Tamas,
In regards to the grouping of servers, this should / can be purely display, or if needed controlled by table where you could give a label, and then attache a domain to that label?

In regards to Memory, I would think that showing the Physical memory will indicate that a problem might be around the corner, and if possible the Memory usage for the WEC service also would be a very good idea, we have serveres where they push 16 GB of memory usage, and it is typically around that mark that the Supercharger Controller starts reporting that the WEC Service is unresponsive, even if the service is running and receiving events, I am guessing that it hits a time out on a request / query on status.

Cheers,
Tom
GO